Grant for Neutron Research awarded by NordForsk
Marie Skepö (PI), has in collaboration with Lise Arleth and Kresten Lindorff-Larsen at University of Copenhagen, and Jens Preben Morth at University of Oslo, been awarded 6.8 MNOK for studying the structure of membrane proteins under solution conditions. The aim is to understand how the lipid environment influences the activity of membrane proteins, using the active transporter MgtA as benchmark system, and to investigate the dynamic fluctuations between lipid and protein in solution, utilising neutron and X-ray scattering in combination with computer simulations.
- Intrinsically disordered proteins (IDPs) - self assembly and interfacial behaviour
- Structural and thermodynamical properties of clay
- Polyacrylic acid in hard water
- Intermolecular interactions of PEG solutions
- Melting of DNA
- Adhesion of fermented milk to packaging surfaces
- Member of Pedagogiska Akademin (excellent teaching practitioner) at Faculty of Science, Lund University, 2014
- Associate Professor in Theoretical Chemistry, Lund University, 2014
- Docent in Theoretical Chemistry, Lund University, 2014
- Assistant Professor in Theoretical Chemistry, Lund University, 2010-2014. Financed by Vinnova and Faculty of Science
- Researcher at Health and Society, Biofilm project, Malmö University, 2003-2008
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, Lund University, 2002
- University Diploma in Education for Upper Secondary School, Subjects Mathematics and Chemistry, Växjö University, 1998
- Bachelor of Science, in Chemistry, Växjö University, 1997
- University Certificate in Chemical Engineering, Växjö University, 1994
- Temperature Response of Charged Colloidal Particles by Mixing Counterions Utilizing Ca 2+ /Na + Montmorillonite as Model System. A. Thuresson, M. Jansson, T. Plivelic, M. Skepö. Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2017.
- Bovine β-casein has a polydisperse distribution of equilibrium micelles. C. Cragnell J. Choi, M. Segad, S. Lee, L. Nilsson, M. Skepö. Food Hydrocolloids 2017. Volume 70, pages 65-68.
- Flocculated Laponite-PEG/PEO Dispersions with Multivalent Salt: a SAXS, Cryo-TEM, and Computer Simulation Study. A. Thuresson, M. Segad, T. Plivelic, M. Skepö. Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2017.
- Adsorption of polyelectrolyte-like proteins to silica surfaces and the impact of pH on the response to ionic strength. A Monte Carlo simulation and ellipsometry study. K. Hyltegren, and M. Skepö. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2017.
- Aggregation behavior of aqueous cellulose nanocrystals: the effect of inorganic salts. T. Phan-Xuan, A. Thuresson, M. Skepö, A. Labrador, R. Bordes, and A. Matic. Cellulose 2016. DOI 10.1007/s10570-016-1080-1
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Intrinsically Disordered Proteins: On the Accuracy of the TIP4P-D Water Model and the Representativeness of Protein Disorder Models. J Henriques, and M Skepö. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation 2016 DOI: 10.1021/acs.jctc.6b00429.
- Coarse-grained modelling of the intrinsically disordered protein Histatin 5 in solution. Monte Carlo simulations in combination with SAXS. C. Cragnell, D. Durand, B. Cabane and M. Skepö. Proteins 2016. Volume 23.
- Adsorption of the intrinsically disordered saliva protein histatin 5 to silica surfaces. A Monte Carlo simulation and ellipsometry study. K. Hyltegren, T. Nylander, M. Lund and M. Skepö,
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2016. Volume 467, pages 280-290. Available online.
- In silico physicochemical characterization and comparison of two intrinsically disordered phosphoproteins: β-casein and acidic PRP-1. J. Henriques, S. Jenhthah, M. Skepö. Food Hydrocolloids 2016. Volume 56, pages 360-371. Available online.
- A simple and versatile implicit solvent model for Polyethylene Glycol in aqueous solution at room temperature. F Xie, M Jansson, M Turesson, M Skepö, J Forsman. Polymer 2016. Volume 84, pages 132-137. Available online.
- Flocculated Laponite-PEG/PEO dispersions with monovalent salt, a SAXS and simulation study. A Thuresson, M Segad, M Turesson, M Skepö. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2016. Volume 466, pages 330-342. Available online.
- Equation of state of PEG/PEO in good solvent. Comparison between a one-parameter EOS and experiments. J Li, M Turesson, C Anderberg Haglund, B Cabane, M Skepö. Polymer 2015. Volume 80, pages 205-213. Available online.
- Molecular dynamics simulations of intrinsically disordered proteins: force field evaluation and comparison with experiment. J Henriques, C Cragnell, M Skepö. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation 2015. Volume 11, pages 3420-3431.
- Confined polyelectrolytes: the complex behaviour of a simple system. S. C. C. Nunes, M. Skepö, and A. A. C. C. Pais. Journal of Computational Chemistry 2015. Volume 36, pages 1579-1586.
- A coarse-grained model for flexible (phospho)proteins: Adsorption and bulk properties. J. Henriques and M. Skepö. Food Hydrocolloids 2015. Volume 43, pages 473-480.
- Underlying mechanisms behind adhesion of fermented milk to packaging surfaces. C. Cragnell, K. Hansson, T. Andersson, B. Jönsson, M. Skepö. Journal of Food Engineering, 2014. Volume 130, pages 52-59.
- Adsorption of β-casein to Hydrophilic Silica Surfaces – Effect of pH and electrolyte. O. Svensson, A. Kurut, M. Skepö. Food Hydrocolloids 2014. Volume 36, pages 332-338.
- Effect of patchwise slip distribution on fluid flow. M. Pihl, B. Jönsson, M. Skepö. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics 2014. Volume 17, pages 341-347.
- Role of Histidine for Charge Regulation of Unstructured Peptides at Interfaces and in Bulk. A. Kurut, J. Henriques, J. Forsman, M. Skepö, M. Lund. Proteins, 2013. Volume 82, pages 657-667.
- Biofilm formation by Staphylococcus epidermidis on peritoneal dialysis catheters and the effects of extracellular products from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. M. Pihl, A. Arvidsson, M. Skepö, M. Nilsson, M. Givskov, T. Tolker-Nielsen, G. Svensäter, J.R. Davies. FEMS Phatogenes and Disease, 2013. Volume 67, pages 192-198.
- Adsorption of unstructured protein β-Casein to hydrophobic and Charged Surfaces. CHJ. Evers, T. Andersson, M. Lund, M. Skepö. Langmuir, 2012. Volume 28, pages 11852-11858.
- Effects of saliva or serum coating on adherence of Streptococcus oralis strains to titanium. M. Dorkhan, LE de Paz Chávez, M. Skepö, G. Svensäter, JR. Davies. Microbiology, 2011. Volume 158, pages 390-397.
- Adhesion of Fermented Dairy Products to Packaging Materials. Effect of Material Functionality, Storage Time, and Fat Content of the Product. An Empirical Study. K. Hansson, T. Andersson, M. Skepö. Journal of Food Engineering, 2012. Volume 111, pages 318-325.
- Model Simulations of the Adsorption of Statherin to Solid Surfaces. Effects of Surface Charge and Hydrophobicity. M. Skepö. J. Chem. Phys., 2008. Volume 129, article number 185101.
- Adsorption of the Flexible Salivary Proteins Statherin and PRP-1 to Negatively Charged Surfaces. A Monte Carlo Simulation and Ellipsometric Study. M. Skepö, L. Lindh, and T. Arnebrant. Z. Phys. Chem., 2007. Volume 221, pages 21-46.
- Monte Carlo Simulations of the Hydrophobic Effect in Electrolyte Solutions. M. Jönsson, M. Skepö, and P. Linse. J. Phys. Chem. B., 2006. Volume 110, pages 8782-8788.
- Coarse-Grained Modelling of Proline Rich Protein 1 (PRP-1) in Bulk Solution and Adsorbed to a Negatively Charged Surface. M. Skepö, P. Linse, and T. Arnebrant. J. Phys. Chem. B., 2006. Volume 110, pages 12141-12148.