PhD, Associate Professor
We investigate structural, electronic, optical, and photochemical properties of nanostructured solar cells and molecular solar energy conversion processes using first principles computational modelling techniques. Current research includes investigations of fundamental properties of several types of solar energy conversion systems including Grätzel-type Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSSCs), Organic Photovoltaics (OPVs), nanostructured semiconductor materials, and artificial photosynthesis. In particular, we investigate a wide range of light-harvesting materials, and surface electron transfer at interfaces.
Controlling Quantum Coherence - Conceptually New Strategies for Mastering Energy and Electron Transfer Processes in Biology and Functional Materials"
Co-PI of project headed by Prof. Tonu Pullerits and funded by Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation 2012 - 2016.
Surfaces and NanomaterialsTheoretical studies of heterogeneous catalysis and molecular functionalization of nanostructured materials.
nmC@LU: The nanomaterials research is part of the Nanometer Structure Consortium at Lund University.
Astrochemistry and Molecular AstrobiologyAppointment as researcher in astrobiology at the Pufendorf Institute for Advanced Studies 2010-2011.
2010-2011. Astrobiology: Past, Present, and Future. The project is presented in the following poster.
2012-2013. Astrobiology: The Signatures of Life.
New book published from the Pufendorf Institute Astrobiology Theme:
Extrema världar. David Dunér (red.). Pufendorfinstitutet 2013.
- Multiscale Modelling of Interfacial Electron Transfer
Book chapter in Solar Energy Conversion: Dynamics of Interfacial Electron and Energy Transfer (P. Piotrowiak, Ed.),
RSC Energy and Environment Series No. 8, Royal Society of Chemistry, www.rsc.org (2013)
- Emerging polymorphism in nanostructured TiO2: Quantum chemical comparisons of anatase, rutile, and brookite clusters
M. Galynska, P. Persson
Internat. J. Quantum Chem. 113, 2611 (2013)
- Development of a ReaxFF Reactive Force Field for Titanium Dioxide / Water Systems
S.-Y. Kim, N. Kumar, P. Persson, J. Sofo, A. C. T. van Duin, J. D. Kubicki
Langmuir 29, 7838 (2013)
- Tuning the electronics of bis(tridentate)ruthenium(II) complexes with long-lived excited states: modifications to the
ligand skeletons beyond classical RDG- or EWG decorations
G. A. Parada, L. A. Fredin, M.-P. Santoni, M. Jäger, R. Lomoth, L. Hammarström, O. Johansson, P. Persson, S. Ott
Inorg. Chem. 52, 5128 (2013)
- Quantum chemical calculations of side-group interactions and electronic properties in thiophene-quinoxaline polymers
S. Hedström, P. Persson
J. Phys. Chem. C 116, 26700 (2012)
- Dynamical Simulation of Photoinduced Electron Transfer Processes in Dye-Sensitized Semiconductor Systems
with Different Spacer Groups
J. Li, I. Kondov, H. Wang, P. Persson, M. Thoss
J. Chem. Phys. 137, 22A529 (2012)
- Light-harvesting and electronic contacting capabilities of Ru(II) Ipa rod and star complexes - first principles predictions
P. Persson, M. Knitter, E. Galoppini
RSC Advances, 2, 7868 (2012)
- Influence of triplet state multidimensionality on excited state lifetimes of Ru(II) bistridentate complexes - a computational study
T. Österman, M. Abrahamsson, H.-C. Becker, L. Hammarström, P. Persson
J. Phys. Chem. A, 116, 1041 (2012)
- Bistridentate Ru(II)-polypyridyl complexes with microsecond triplet MLCT excited state lifetimes: sensitizers for rod-like molecular arrays
M. Abrahamsson, M. Jäger, J. Kumar, T. Österman, P. Persson, H.-C. Becker, O. Johansson, L. Hammarström
J. Am. Chem. Soc.130, 15533 (2008)
- Quantum chemical study of the influence of anchor-cum-spacer groups on femtosecond electron transfer times in dye-sensitized semiconductor nanocrystals
P. Persson, M. J. Lundqvist, R. Ernstorfer, W. A. Goddard III, F. Willig
J. Chem. Theory Comp. 2, 441 (2006)
- Calculated Structural and Electronic Interactions of a Titanium Dioxide Nanocrystal Sensitized with the Ruthenium Dye N3
P. Persson, M. J. Lundqvist
J. Phys. Chem. B 109, 11918 (2005)
- Experimental evidence for sub-3-fs charge transfer from an aromatic adsorbate to a semiconductor
J. Schnadt, P. A. Bruhwiler, L. Patthey, J. O'Shea, M. Odelius, R. Ahuja, O. Karis, M. Bässler, P. Persson, H. Siegbahn, S. Lunell, and N. Mårtensson
Nature 418, 620 (2002)
- Quantum Chemical Study of Photoinjection Processes in Dye-Sensitized TiO2 Nanoparticles
P. Persson, R. Bergström, S. Lunell
J. Phys. Chem. B 104, 10348 (2000)
List of Publications (1996 - 2011).